Remaining part of a 14th century defensive tower.
The Tedeschina Tower is located on the western side of the Castello district.
Built in the early 14th century, it was named after a group of German mercenaries that lived in the ancient stronghold of Castel di Castro.
Restored in 1376 after the siege of Marianus IV of Arborea, during the sixteenth century it was incorporated by Rocco Cappellino in the Concezione bastion. During these works, the tower, which originally was between 10 and 12 meters high, was lowered.
The bricks testify to the restoration works that took place over the centuries.