Underground cavities and caves Back to list
Giardini Pubblici 09100 Cagliari
The underground cavity inside the Public Gardens forms a set of wide surroundings, connected with each other, which were built during the Middle Ages to extract blocks of stone. During World War II, this quarry was used as an anti-bombing refuge.
Viale Merello (fronte civico 62) 09100 Cagliari
The Garden of the Capuchins was founded in 1595, on a hill on the western side of the Roman Amphitheatre. The monastery had a vast land used as a garden for the cultivation of medicinal plants, in which there were also some ancient Roman cisterns.