Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Lighthouse
Saint'Elia lighthouse is located near the bay of Calamosca, next to the Signal Tower. Built in 1850, it was activated in 1860 by the Royal Civil Engineering Office and consists of a two-storey building topped by a cylindrical tower with black and white stripes. Its optic is of the rotating type and was electrified in 1937 to facilitate the work of the lighthouse keepers. It has a bright range of 21 miles.