Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Historic palaces
The original building housed the headquarters of the University commissioned by Philip IV and later, from the eighteenth century, was used as a military barracks. It was abandoned in 1852 and later bought in order to be replaced by a new building. The building's architectural style is heavily influenced by the classic taste clearly visible in the openings surmounted by ashlars’ frames and windows framed by bands in both the main facade on Via Indipendenza and via Lamarmora.