Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Historic palaces
The building, which takes the name of its designer and owner, the engineer Gaetano Lixi Delogu, is renowned for the exterior decoration made by Francesco Ciusa, faithfully renovated in the post-war period after being damaged by bombing in 1943. The construction works began in 1932, and ended after a year. Clearly visible throughout the building is the use of colour, cleverly combining painting and pink stone. Francesco Ciusa actively contributed to the work, taking care of design, refinements and exterior decorations. Among his works we remember the pink plaster, and low-reliefs reproducing caravels and fountains, particularly refined. The most significant decoration is the head of Gorgon Rondanini made during the reconstruction of the parts destroyed by the bombing in 1943.