Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Convents and monasteries
The church was founded with the convent in 1646 by the canon Francesco Gaviano. It was called the Church of San Mauro in honour of the martyr whose relics were found in the necropolis of the basilica of San Saturnino . It is an area previously occupied by a church dedicated to the Virgin of Health. The convent includes an interesting porticoed cloister, in the center of which there is a tank used for collecting water. The novitiate and the study of theology are located in the convent of the church.