Churches Page 3 of 7 Back to list
Piazza San Domenico, 4 - Via XXIV Maggio 09100 Cagliari
It was built in the 50s on the ruins of the ancient Catalan Gothic church, destroyed by the bombings of 1943. Its remains can be seen in the crypt, also called lower church, which can be visited, along with the cloister, from via XXIV Maggio.
Località Giorgino 09100 Cagliari
The little church is in Giorgino (a fishing village), inside the family Ballero mansion. The structure dates back to the 1600 and it is a bounded stage during the yearly procession, devoted to Saint Efisio, which takes place on May 1st.
Via Piemonte, 10 09100 Cagliari
Built in the second half of the 20th century in memory of the 13th century church located in the district of Stampace and demolished in the 19th century, it is served by the Friars Minor Conventual, who live in the nearby monastery.
Via Roma 09100 Cagliari
Formerly called "San Francesco al Molo", it was erected by the Order of the Minim Friars in the 17th century. The interior consists of one nave with three side chapels; the high altar preserves an 18th century wood carving of San Francesco da Paola.
Piazza San Giacomo, 3 09100 Cagliari
It was probably erected around the 14th century in the Catalan Gothic style, then restored in the 18th and 19th century. It preserves a wooden sculpted group and an earthen Lamentation, both dating back to the 15th century, as well as a 1769 organ.
Via San Giovanni, 83 09100 Cagliari
Probably erected around 1400, this small church is the seat of the "Arciconfraternita della Solitudine", which curates the traditional Holy Week procession. The 17th century wooden Crucifix safeguarded inside the church is carried in procession.
Piazzetta San Giuseppe 09100 Cagliari
It was built between the 17th and the 18th century in the Baroque style by the Piarist Fathers, as the coat of arms above the portal testify. The church keeps one of the bombs dropped on the nearby Boarding School during the French siege of 1793.