Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Churches
The Church of Santa Rosalia is located in the municipality of Pirri, in a small square that connects via Riva Villasanta with via Santa Maria Chiara. Its construction dates back to 1756 and is due to the Reverend Gerolamo Simoni who improved the building with the construction of some side chapels. In 1911 the monument became a hospital during the cholera epidemic and was reopened to the public in 1983. The single-nave interior hosts an ancient statue of the saint while the external facade has a simple portal surmounted by a lunette and a bell tower sailing.