Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Churches
The Church of Saints Giorgio and Caterina stands along Via Gemelli, in the Monte Urpinu district and houses the seat of the archconfraternity established in the sixteenth century and linked to the presence of a strong Genoese community in Cagliari. The first church of the archconfraternity was built in the Marina district, in via Manno, and was razed to the ground by the bombings of 1943. The new church, with an original plan consisting of high arches, has eight faces and was built in the sixties while it dates back to 2001 the construction of the monumental staircase that connects the building to via Scano.