Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Churches
The Church of Saint Pio X overlooks via della Pineta. The façade is simple, covered in large part by red bricks and, in axis with the portal, a stained glass window in the shape of a Latin semicross stands out. The rectangular bell tower is characterized by duotone. The parish was erected by the will of Monsignor Paolo Botto in the late 1950s and was part of the pastoral plan of spiritual assistance, aimed at the city devastated by the bombings of 1943, and which started after the end of the Second World War.