Church of Saint Cesello
Via San Giovanni
This element belongs to the categories:
Open every day from 6:45 am to 11:45 am and from 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
Built in 1702 near "Porta Cavagna", which once linked the district of Villanova with the nearby countryside, it was dedicated to Saint Cesello.
The Church of Saint Cesello overlooks via San Giovanni, in the Villanova district. It was built in 1702 thanks to the funds donated by the Gremio dei Bottai. The members wanted to create a chapel as the headquarters of the association and chose the place that until the nineteenth century housed the Porta Cabanes, an important link between the neighborhood and the Campidano countryside. The simple facade is decorated with an ogival arch and a small sail bell tower stands out above.