Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Churches
The Church of the Holy Name of the Blessed Virgin Mary is part of what was once known as the city of salt and is located near the Molentargius Park. The small temple erected in 1934 on a project by the engineer Vincenzo Marchi, director of the state salt pans, was designed to host the masses of the villagers. It has a simple facade, a portal surmounted by a semicircular arch and a bell tower with a cross and three bells.