Chiesa of Our Lady of Hope
This element belongs to the categories:
Built in the Catalan-Gothic style between the 15th and the 16th century, it has a simple facade without ornaments. Above the portal stands the coat of arms of the Aymerich family, owners of the church.
The interior of the church consists of one nave.
The Church of Our Lady of Hope is located in the heart of Castello district, next to the Cathedral of Santa Maria. It was built as a noble chapel of the Aymerich family, the Marquises of Laconi who lived in a nearby building, destroyed by the bombings of 1943. In 1535, on the occasion of his visit to Cagliari, King Charles V granted the coat of arms of the eagle to the noble family, represented on the façade.