Places

Towers Page 1 of 2 Back to list
Alberti Tower

Alberti Tower

Via Ospedale, 1 09100 Cagliari
Built in 1293, in order to secure the south-western gateway to the district of Stampace, it is the eldest medieval tower in town.
Beach Tower

Beach Tower

Spiaggia del Poetto - pressi vecchio Ospedale Marino 09100 Cagliari
16th century watchtower, built by the Spaniards as part of the coastal defensive system, designed to secure the island against raid or attack from the sea.
Calamosca Tower

Calamosca Tower

Capo Sant'Elia - pressi Faro S. Elia 09100 Cagliari
17th century watchtower, built by the Spaniards as part of the coastal defensive system, designed to secure the island against raid or attack from the sea.
Elephant Tower

Elephant Tower

Via Santa Croce ang. Via Università 09100 Cagliari
Defensive structure designed by the local architect Giovanni Capula and built by the Pisans in 1307.
Franca Tower

Franca Tower

Viale Buoncammino 09100 Cagliari
Remaining part of a 14th century defensive structure, later partially incorporated into the 17th century Seziate Palace
Lion Tower

Lion Tower

Via De Candia 09100 Cagliari
Defensive structure built by the Pisans in 1322, now part of Palazzo Boyl.
Poetto Tower

Poetto Tower

Sella del Diavolo 09100 Cagliari
Remains of a 17th century tower, built by the Spaniards as part of the coastal defensive system, designed to secure the island against raid or attack from the sea.
Prezzemolo Tower

Prezzemolo Tower

Via Borgo Sant'Elia 09100 Cagliari
16th century watchtower, built by the Spaniards as part of the coastal defensive system, designed to secure the island against raid or attack from the sea.
Quarta Regia Tower

Quarta Regia Tower

Viale Pula / Via dei Calafati - Sa Scafa 09100 Cagliari
Remains of a medieval Aragonese watchtower. It was also the place where fishermen would pay their taxes to the Crown. Taxation amounted to the fourth share of the catch ("Quarta Regia"), hence the name of the tower.
St. Elia Tower

St. Elia Tower

Sella del Diavolo 09100 Cagliari
Remains of a watchtower and lighthouse, built by the Pisans in 1282. Later, it was included by the Spaniards in the coastal defensive system, designed to secure the island against raid or attack from the sea.
Page 1 of 2
Go to page: First page << Previous page < 1 2 Next page > Last page >>