Districts Page 1 of 3 Back to list
Quartiere Is Mirrionis 09100 Cagliari
Is Mirrionis district was born after the Second World War behind Tuvumannu hill. Giovanni Spano, an influent historian, argued that the name was due by two big monoliths called "mirrionis", residual of the old stone quarries at the end of Viale Buocammino.
Quartiere La Vega 09100 Cagliari
La Vega district was born in 1930 and is bordered by Is Mirrionis and Villanova districts. Its lower border hosts Monte Claro park, which extends for lot of hectares. The higher part of the district hosts Public Gardens, another city park recently restored.
Quartiere Marina 09100 Cagliari
Marina district is placed between Cagliari harbor and the South part of Castello district. In the past centuries the area hosted fishermen, merchants and dock workers. It is also known as Lapola because of the tower built by Pisans in 1226.