Cagliari Turismo, the tourist portal of the City of Cagliari
This element belongs to the categories: Churches
Inside the church there is an only nave, with three chapels for each side and a little chancel closed by a curvilinear apsis. The lateral chapels are decorated with altars in Baroque style and they contain different artworks dating back to 17th and 18th century. The Barel vault is decorated with a motif of hexagonal panelled, painted by Ludovico Crispi in 19th century. In the high altar stands out a wooden crucifix,while on chancel's side are represented St. Maurice and St. Lazzaro, two artwoks by a sardinian artisan, Antonio Caboni, date1824. The facade, preserves the emblem of the Jesuit order, who renovate and enlarge the church in 1661, thanks to the noblewoman Anna Brondo from Villacidro,who made a donation.