Deconsecrated churches Back to list
Piazzetta San Giuseppe 09100 Cagliari
It was built between the 17th and the 18th century in the Baroque style by the Piarist Fathers, as the coat of arms above the portal testify. The church keeps one of the bombs dropped on the nearby Boarding School during the French siege of 1793.
Via Parigi - Quartiere Europeo 09100 Cagliari
The church of Sant'Alenixedda, dating back to the thirteen century, rises in the ancient area of San Vetrano (where Roman remains were found). It is an aisleless church and stands out both for the simplicity and for the elegance of the facade
Via Sant'Efisio, 14 09100 Cagliari
It is placed on a small square in Stampace district and rises above an hypogeum known as the Crypt of Santa Restituta. It has a single nave with sidelong chapels and a mezzanine chancel; during the bombings in 1943, the church was seriously injured.
Piazza Dettori, 8 - Auditorium Comunale 09100 Cagliari
The building adjacent to the former Jesuit cloister is easily reached from the port or from via Manno across a steep flight of stairs that connects the street with Dettori square. The church is located in the upper part of the ancient district of Marina right in Dettori Square